GOLDEN HORN ISTANBUL
- Istanbul happens to be located between Asia and Europe. In this tour we will wander around on both sides with their best gifts to us.
- Golden Horn
- Uskudar Asian Side
- Maiden’s Tower
Golden Horn, Asian Side, Santral Istanbul, Maiden’s Tower
You will meet with your tour guide at the hotel lobby and will have experience from Golden Horn to Üsküdar. You will walk to Eminönü and use public transportation to go and visit Santralistanbul, Turkey’s first power plant from 1911 and supplied the city with electricity up until 1983 and after restoration and conversion between 2004 – 2007 , it uses as a Energy Museum of the city. You will also have coffee or tea inside of Santralistanbul with a nice view of the Golden Horn. Then, you will take a nostalgic boat to go across to Golden Horn, Balat, and will visit Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, once one of the fourteen autocephalous churches within the communion of Orthodox Christianity. You will walk to Eminönü nearby Golden Horn and will have your lunch at Fish Boats square where you will have delicious fish sandwich with a lovely view of Golden Horn. After your lunch, you will get a public ferry to go to Üsküdar which is located Asian side of the city and will visit Mihrimah Sultan Mosque (Mihr-î-Mah means Sun and Moon, designed by Mimar Sinan and built between 1546 and 1548. It is a massive structure on a raised platform and already shows several hallmarks of Sinan’s mature style. Lastly, you will continue to walk by the sea and will see The Maiden’s Tower, also known as Leander’s Tower since the medieval Byzantine period, is a tower lying on a small islet located at the southern entrance of the Bosphorus. You will stop at a cafe and will have coffee or tea with an amazing view of the Bosphorus. The sunset view will also accompany you behind of Maiden’s Tower, too! After your experience, you will take a public ferry to go across the city and will go to your hotel to have rest and relax.
- Professional English speaking tour guide approved by Ministry of Culture & Tourism.
- Entrance fees to the sites & museums.
- Tips / gratuities for your local guide.
- Any meal
- This is a walking tour. We will not hire a private vehicle on this day. Rather we will use local transportation such as historical where necessary. In many cases we saw that local transportation is faster than usual Istanbul traffic.
- You can customize your plan. Simply contact us for tailor making your plan.
- We can provide tour guides other than English speaking tour guides. They may introduce slight increase on the price. Please ask for further info.
- Comfortable walking shoes and clothing, a hat, sun glasses, and sunscreen are recommended.