- Istanbul is has many historical bazaars and you can experience them at first hand in this tour.
- Grand Bazaar
- Sahaflar Carsisi (Book Bazaar)
- Spice Bazaar
- Arasta Bazaar
- Suleymaniye Mosque
- Local Tea House Visit
We will meet at your hotel lobby and visit Arasta Bazaar. Nestled in the shadows Blue Mosque Arasta Bazaar is a small and simple traditional market in Istanbul. There are about 40 shops lined on both sides of a street, selling mostly traditional items. Then we will head to the most famous bazaar in Turkey. Grand Bazaar (Kapalicarsi in Turkish) is one of the oldest and largest covered markets in the world. It was built of wood after the Conquest of Istanbul around an old Byzantine building which became the part of the Old Bedesten (Old Bazaar) today, and got bigger and larger throughout the centuries with the addition of new sections and inns. Short visit to Sahaflar Carsisi to look for very interesting books that can’t be find on today’s bookstores.
Bazaar day in Istanbul can’t be whole without visiting local tea shop under the shade of Suleymaniye Mosque after our stop we will be visiting Spice Bazaar. The Spice Market has 86 shops inside.the Bazaar was specialized on selling spices and herbs, medicinal plants and drugs. Lately, there are also shops selling stuff other than spices but you can still see and smell many interesting spices, dried fruits and nuts, teas, oils and essences, sweets, honeycombs, and aphrodisiacs.
After the tour we will be back to our hotel.
- Professional English speaking tour guide approved by Ministry of Culture & Tourism.
- Local Tea Shop drinks.
- Tips / gratuities for your local guide.
- Any meal
- This is a walking tour. We will not hire a private vehicle on this day. Rather we will use local transportation such as historical where necessary. In many cases we saw that local transportation is faster than usual Istanbul traffic.
- You can customize your plan. Simply contact us for tailor making your plan.
- We can provide tour guides other than English speaking tour guides. They may introduce slight increase on the price. Please ask for further info.
- Comfortable walking shoes and clothing, a hat, sun glasses, and sunscreen are recommended.