THE ART SIDE of ISTANBUL
- The city is a melting pot of cultures. This makes Istanbul so unique and art shows that as well. Experience different ideas and perspectives not spoken but in an emotional way.
- Istanbul Modern Art Museum
- Salt Galata
- Pera Museum
- Galata Tower
- Kamondo Stairs
This tour is designed for enthusiastic art seekers who is after an off the beaten track adventure even in the heart of the city and explore the creative side of Istanbul.
After meeting with your local guide, who is passionate to share her local knowledge with the people, begin your walk from the Pera District, distinguished cultural center in one of the liveliest quarters of Istanbul. It has become to be more popular among the elitist locals. Recent years, Soho House opened here then followed by third wave cafes, Turkish restaurants and some cool rooftop bars.
The Neo-Baroque and early Art Nouveau buildings become to house the museums and some of the city’s leading art institutions. Starting today seeing Pera Museum, building from outside, a private museum in the historic quarter of Tepebasi followed by the visit of Istanbul Museum of Modern Arts, where you can visit the ongoing exhibitions sampling modern and contemporary art. Then, we walk down to Galata District on the cobbled-stone street that takes us to the base of the historic Galata Tower and our down hill walk will bring us to the picturesque Kamondo (Camondo) stairs on Bankalar Caddesi. From there, we will cross the street to check out non-profit research and art venue Salt Galata.
After the tour we will be back to our hotel.
- Professional English speaking tour guide approved by Ministry of Culture & Tourism.
- Entrance Fees to the museums and sites.
- Local transportation tickets if we use any.
- Tips / gratuities for your local guide.
- This is a walking tour. We will not hire a private vehicle on this day. Rather we will use local transportation such as historical where necessary. In many cases we saw that local transportation is faster than usual Istanbul traffic.
- You can customize your plan. Simply contact us for tailor making your plan.
- We can provide tour guides other than English speaking tour guides. They may introduce slight increase on the price. Please ask for further info.
- Comfortable walking shoes and clothing, a hat, sun glasses, and sunscreen (In summer) are recommended.