ISTANBUL on FOOD
We will not say ‘You are done here you have your portion already’ This is as much as you want kind of plan. We know that you do not come to this part of the world so often so we do not limit you at any time here.
- Food is unique in Istanbul. Of course this melting pot will offer you so many varieties of food. Walk with us, we can’t wait to show you what we eat.
- New Town
- Istiklal Avenue
You will meet with your local tour guide at the hotel lobby and will discover and visit different parts of the city. Besides that, you will also have an amazing experience about local foods and cultures.First, will start to visit Karakoy area, the modern name for ancient Galata, is one of the oldest and most historic districts of the city and today an important commercial center and transport hub. You will see Galata Bridge and will walk around modern and old streets of Karakoy with tasting local foods such as simit,tea,soup,etc…
Then you will continue to visit Tophane where was the city’s oldest industrial zone to do manufacturing cannons and cannonballs during the Ottoman period. You will see Kılıç Ali Paşa Mosque built by the Ottoman Kaptan-i Derya Kılıç Ali Pasha and designed by the renowned architect Mimar Sinan and Tophane Fountain.You will walk up to reach Istiklal Street and will see nice and fine art galleries and old streets of Beyoglu district. You will stop on the way and will have Turkish coffee with a local dessert then will continue to discover the streets.You will walk down from Istiklal Street and will see Galata Mevlevihanesi, Galata Tower and Komando Stairs, built in the 1850s were made on behalf of Abraham Salomon Kamondo, one of the most important banker families in the region, the Kamondo Family. Last, you will visit Emionu district and will continue to taste your local foods and also will visit Spice Market was built 17th century and today still is an important spice and food center for local people. You will taste different kind of Turkish delight, spices, different kind of herb teas and some daily dairy products.
At the end of your trip, you will return to your hotel.
- Professional English speaking tour guide approved by Ministry of Culture & Tourism.
- Food as much as you want and can.
- Tips / gratuities for your local guide.
- This is a walking tour. We will not hire a private vehicle on this day. Rather we will use local transportation such as historical where necessary. In many cases we saw that local transportation is faster than usual Istanbul traffic.
- You can customize your plan. Simply contact us for tailor making your plan.
- We can provide tour guides other than English speaking tour guides. They may introduce slight increase on the price. Please ask for further info.
- Comfortable walking shoes and clothing, a hat, sun glasses, and sunscreen (In summer) are recommended.
- This tour is not recommended for Gluten Free and Vegetarian diets.